If you follow this blog and/or a variety of other wedding end event-related blogs, chances are you’re into dessert tables as much as I am. And based upon the fact that the Creating the Perfect [Candy/Dessert/Ice Cream/etc.] Bar guest post featured here last year is still one of the more popular posts on the Plunge Project, I know quite a few of you are interested in creating beautiful dessert tables yourself.
But of course, there’s a lot that goes into creating the perfect dessert table and a lot of supplies are necessary to make it beautiful. It’s not just about the candy and desserts themselves. That’s why I’m sharing a few of my must-have items for designing dessert tables…
1. Apothecary Jars – I love, love, love displaying candy in apothecary jars — on dessert tables like the one I designed for my future sister-in-law’s baby shower and in my home — so I really love this set of Terra Apothecary Jars. If you’re interested in purchasing any of these, find all 3 on Amazon (in order as shown above): 19.25″ footed apothecary jar, 16.5″ footed apothecary jar and Terra Collection footed glass apothecary jar.
2. Martha Stewart Crafts Large Circle Cutter – In the past, I had some definite trouble cutting perfect circles, so I recently picked up one of these. It cuts perfect circles from 4 inches to 12 inches in diameter at .18-inch increments, which is very handy for circular labels, table banners, cake toppers and more!
3. Dessert Pedestal Jars – Sometimes apothecary jars just don’t do the job, which is why I’m loving this set of 3 Grasslands Road Just Desserts Cupcake Pedestal Candy Jars found on Amazon! Cute, right?
4. 2″ Circular Scallop Punch by EK Tools - I’m pretty sure I could not live without this punch. If you’re printing labels for each dessert table item, creating cupcake toppers, favor tags, napkin rings, etc., you definitely need this punch! EK Success makes a lot of other great punches as well.
5. Dessert Pedestals – If you’re looking for a more simple dessert pedestal, be sure to check out this 12-Inch Pedestal by Rosanna. So pretty!
What are your dessert table must-haves?
About Nicole Denton
With a love of planning just about anything — from her own wedding, to bridal and baby showers, to dinner parties, and more – Nicole is the Plunge Project’s founder and editor-in-chief. A New Jersey native, Nicole has called Chandler, Arizona home since 2013, where she currently lives with her husband Michael; two pit bulls, Shelby and Link; and cat, Kity Perry. A University of Tennessee graduate, Nicole has a bachelors in communications and a career at a rapidly-growing digital marketing firm.