Looking around for the perfect wedding venue can be like looking for a needle
in a haystack. There are tons of options out there, from indoor church venues
to rustic barn weddings, country clubs and parks… you name it. The problem is
finding the right venue for the right _price_. A simple solution is having it
in someone’s pasture or stunning backyard! If you know someone with gorgeous
property or photo-worthy landscaping, you could always ask if they have the
time, space, and are able to host your wedding. Here are a few practical tips
and things to think about when looking at properties or backyards. **Venue
Prices** Today, the average wedding cost runs at about $28,000, and that
includes everything from the photographer to the wedding invites. The average
venue cost for an outdoor wedding is anywhere from at least $1,000-$4,000, if
**Backyard Beauty** Backyard weddings are a fantastic way
to save a lot of money on your wedding. By hosting it on someone’s property,
you can easily spend the money on something else, like a down payment on a
house, rent, or anything else you can think of. Here are just a couple things
to think about if you’re interested in going the backyard-route:
* Ask around and see if any of your family or friends have acreage or a decent sized yard, and make sure they’re ok with having all those people on their property. Also, have a clean-up crew there and ready to help take care of the after-mess!
* Make sure the location is as central as can (practically) be.
* Map out and see how many guests can comfortably move around and socialize on the property. You don’t want people to feel claustrophobic when they’re at your wedding; you want them to feel comfortable. Having the space to move around, dance, and socialize is important.
* You also want to check out and see if there are good areas to take your wedding photos too. Nice, clean cut landscaping is important.
* Make sure there’s a place for you and your bridesmaids to comfortably get ready at. Having enough space, bathrooms, electrical outlets, mirrors, and adequate AC or heating are all important.
Having a backyard wedding is ideal for saving money while still having that
fairytale ceremony and reception of your dreams. With the money you save just
on a venue location, there are hundreds of practical things you can use the
extra Benjamin’s for!