As we’ve seen, there’s a lot of [preplanning](http://theplungeproject.com
/destination-wedding-preplan-everything), scheduling, and traveling involved
when it comes to planning a destination wedding. We’ve taken a look at a lot,
from [wedding attire](http://theplungeproject.com/destination-wedding-attire)
invitations) to [marriage requirements](http://theplungeproject.com
we’re going to take a look at how and where to get group discount rates for
traveling. So, get your pen and paper (or tablet!) and get ready to jot down a
few places where you can get group discounts!
**Group Rates for
Airfare:** If you’re traveling out of the state or country, than finding
affordable and inexpensive plane tickets is important. By looking at the right
time and the right place, you can really save a few pennies. Here are a few
tips and places for you to consider:
* **Where to Look:** There are a lot of different websites you can look when shopping around for tickets. For example, you can check out websites such as:
* Expedia: You can [visit their website](http://www.expedia.com/Flights?semcid=33316-1&kword=+discount_+airfare!p.ZzZz.2520000116875.0.5377052781.where%20can%20you%20look%20for%20discount%20airfare%3F.+discount_+airfare&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=USA:ENG:USA:GT:@::&utm_term=+discount%20+airfare&gclid=CPjGxeCL3cMCFbBR7Aody0IANQ&gclsrc=ds) and preplan all of your traveling and even your hotel stays. You can choose how many people will be traveling with you, and even what airline you prefer.
* Orbitz: [Orbitz](http://www.orbitz.com/?WT.mc_ev=click&WT.srch=1&ap=%7badposition%7d&attrsrc=adgroup&crid=6050428765&dv=t&dvm=%7bdevicemodel%7d&gcid=18552&keyword=+orbitz&ksaid=33&kscid=221157&kskid=3218&kspid=401&mtn=p&utm_campaign=ORB%20SEM%20Brand&utm_medium=SEM%20Brand&utm_source=Google&lpid.ruleId=5900001000&lpid.category=generic&lpid.priority=1000.0&lpid=plhomeGr) is pretty much the same as Expedia – you can choose what airline you want, how many people, and all of your traveling/hotel preferences.
* Kayak: [Kayak is another website](http://www.kayak.com/sem/flights/general?gclid=CPKh9Y-b3cMCFXJp7AodrBAAwg&lang=en) where you can find inexpensive airline tickets. They don’t have as many options as Orbitz and Expedia, but you can definitely still find great prices.
* **When to Look and When to Fly:** As with anything, there’s a time for everything, especially when it comes to purchasing airline tickets. Here are a few tips:
* Tuesday’s are the best days to find cheaper airline tickets, because Monday evening is when the airlines post new prices.
* Unfortunately, the cheapest days to fly are also the most unpopular. The most unpopular and cheapest days to fly are Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays.
* The early bird gets the worm when it comes to airlines. The early flights, such as 4 am, is when the cheaper flights head out. It’s inconvenient, but worth it in the end if you can save a lot of money.
* [Book 18-28 days](http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/08/30/how-to-get-cheapest-price-on-airfare/) before you plan on leaving, since that’s usually when your tickets will be cheaper
**Group Rates for Hotels:** Group rates for hotels can be easier to find with websites such as