Ireland – A place where lavishly green rolling hills, crystal blue skies, impressive waves and lulling accents are an everyday thing. In my opinion, Ireland is one of the most beautiful places on God’s green earth, and for good reason! Beauty is all around and in the air there in Ireland, and for those of you wanting to celebrate one of the most important days of your life (your wedding!) than this is a must-read for you! In this blog post (and many more to follow!) we will take a gander at what makes a true Irish wedding, and how to do it on a budget! Times are tough and money is tight, so spending an extravagant amount of money on a one time deal can seem a little… frivolous, shall we say? So in order to pinch pennies and still have the most ornate and beautiful wedding, you’ll need to trim here, splurge there, and organize everywhere! You can still have a beautiful Irish wedding without spending your mom and dad’s 401K, retirement, and their life savings… **What it Takes To Have an Irish Themed Wedding:** For you Irish buffs (or true Irish lasses!) having a perfectly Irish wedding is fun, easy, and definitely one-of-a-kind! So, in order to pull off a true Ireland-inspired wedding, here are a few things for you to keep in mind!
* **Attire:** This is the biggest give-away when it comes to an Irish wedding. Take a look at some of the pieces you’ll need:
* **For the Gentlemen:** In order to find everything you need, [visiting Celtic websites](http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/wedding-kilt-rentals/rental-package-full-formal.html) will help to make sure everything is legit.
* Kilts! This is an obvious and a must! In order to look extravagantly Irish, you’ll need to don your men in kilts.
* Jackets: This makes the gentlemen look stylish, sexy, and posh. With a fitted jacket, they’ll look every bit the Irish groom/groomsmen!
* Sporan: This completes the Irish look!
* Kilt Hose
* Hose Flashes
* Fly Plaid and Brooch
* **For the Lasses**: Celtic dresses are a whole lot different than your average wedding dress, but if you want to keep with the American/English style of dress, than you can visit different websites to find gorgeous, yet inexpensive, dresses. If you want to keep with the Irish style without the kilted skirt, tartan gown or Tartan sash, try opting for an A-Line or Princess wedding gown. An Empire Waist gown is also another style that would go well with a Celtic themed wedding. A few websites that you can find great, inexpensive dresses include:
Word of advice – if you’re going to shop online for your wedding dress, you
really, really need to try on the exact, or same design, dress as the one that
you want. That way you’ll know how it looks on you. Dress shop in all the
stores, find the one you love, and see if you can find one extremely similar,
or the same, but cheaper online! Also, if you want to keep expenses low,
renting a dress is a lot less expensive than buying one! These are just a few
of the many different attire pieces that you’ll need to pull off an Irish
wedding on a budget! We’ll delve a little deeper in later blogs, but here’s a
sneak peek just for you!