If you’re ok with having little kids at your wedding, then you want to make sure that there are some activities to not only keep them occupied, but happy and content as well. Here are some great ideas for you to consider!
Crayon Table: Ok, this is pretty fabulous and I’m sure you’d find me at the kid’s table coloring right along with those cutie pies. Ok, so here’s what you need. First of all, you need a table (duh) and plenty of little seats for little bums. Now that we have that established, let’s take a look at some other things you need:
Tons of crayons
- Colored stock paper (or coloring books. You can find great ones at the Dollar Store)
- Lollipops (a little extra sugar… I’m sure the parents will love that!) Set up either a piece of card stock paper or a small coloring book in front of each seat and then wrap a bunch of crayons together with the twine. Put a lollipop at each seat and throw on a couple table decorations to give it a little pop of décor and you’re all set!
- Ball Pit: Oh my gosh… yes! This is fantastic. Have a little ball pit (if the reception is outside, of course) in the corner of the area. Make sure you set up signs that say “no shoes, and no parents”. You’d still find me jumping in there with my little girl, that’s for sure…
- Treasure Hunt, Anyone? This is a fantastic way for making sure all those little ones get all that pent up energy out of their systems. Organize a treasure hunt for them to participate in. You can have the “treasure” be anything you fancy. Whether it’s a basket of candy or a cool unisex gift that any kid would love, either way, those kids will be ecstatic.
- Trivia Crack: Every kid loves trivia, so why not have a mini trivia book at each dinner table for the kids? It’ll keep them entertained for a while, plus it’ll get those little brains a workin’. Who doesn’t love food, dancing, and trivia?
- Kids Dances: Set aside a few (2, maybe 3) dances for the kids. Nothing too Kid-boppy, but something fun that they can jiggle and wiggle to. It’ll make the kids feel welcome and “cool” if the DJ announces a dance just for the kids.
- Hop Scotch: Not only will this keep them entertained, but it’ll wear them out after all that sugar and cake you provided at your gorgeous wedding! The parents will appreciate this after your favors and lollipops.
These are just a few fantastic ideas for you to think about adding to your wedding! If you want to keep everything going smoothly, than this is definitely a must do. Take it from me, there’s nothing more stressful than being at a wedding and the kids are bored out of their minds. So go ahead, add a few of these kid friendly games to keep everyone, parents included, happy!