Sleek elegance, crisp lines, and bold colors are what makes for perfect modernity. For the perfect modern wedding, the same rules apply. You can do a lot with the decorations, the theme, and the wedding attire, making a contemporary wedding superb for the modern-day bride! With a few tips and tricks, you can easily pull of a flawless ceremony and reception! **Decorating Tips: **Modernity in and of itself is crisp and clean, so make sure to keep this in mind when selecting centerpieces and tableware. Bold accent colors and decorations thrown into the mix will really help to pull off the perfect modern theme.
**Crisp and Clean:**
* Start with clean, crisp, straight lined invitations. Bold, black lettering on a crisp white invite will help to give your guests an idea of what to expect.
* Another idea is to go for bold black and white strips, accented with polka dots. For example, have black and white striped table cloths and your seating cards printed on white paper with colored (or black) polka dots. This gives a fun, flirty, modern twist to your table decorations. Polka dots and stripes are chic, classy, elegant, and fun. For a personal touch giving testament to your bubbly personality, this is the perfect option!
* Black and white should be the main color scheme, but add bold pops of color to really vamp up the style. For example, on the bride and groom table, throw in a couple bouquets of bright, bold and beautiful flowers to really accentuate and enhance the décor.
* A few fantastic modern colors are gold, silver, orange, purple, and any other bright hued colors that you love! For a gold accent color, use gold vases, gold napkin rings, gold-lined plates, or anything else you can think of.
* Baby’s breath is elegant, chic, and modern. You could go for simple baby’s breath bouquets for your bridesmaids or even for reception area centerpieces.
* Roses are another fabulous flower that you could use. For example, Cadenza, Chrysler Imperial, Dame de Coeur, Empress of the Garden, Fires of Alamo, and Georgetown Tea are just a few bold-colored roses.
* For your backdrop, you want bold (of course) and glamorous. Go for hanging lights wrapped around ceiling-to-floor sheer material, flower wall art, or balloons.
* Of course, chevron is one of the newest and greatest patterns of 2014, so if you’re going for completely original and modern, use black and white chevron table cloths, polka dot seating cards, and balloons as a backdrop. This will really give off a fun, fabulous, chic, and modern twist to your whole wedding.
The trick to a perfect modern wedding is to go bold and clean. Straight lines, bold colors, jaw-dropping backdrops, and gorgeous flowers are perfect for giving you the modern wedding of your dreams!