Fall is my favorite season for many reasons…one of which is that you can get almost anything pumpkin flavored! I was feeling inspired this past weekend, so I decided to bake up some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and they turned out so delish that I just had to share. If you like a more cake-y cookie, you’ll love them! And while I generally prefer cookies hot out of the oven, I definitely like these better when they’re cold.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: about 3 dozen | Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 8-9 minutes per batch
[Adapted from AllRecipes.com]
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Additional 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet(s).
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil and egg.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, 3 tsp. baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt. Dissolve the additional 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla, then chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes or until lightly brown.
Let cool and enjoy!