After spending thousands of dollars on your wedding, spending even _more_
money on your honeymoon might seem a little daunting, to say the least. But
your honeymoon is a special time – it’s a time for you and your new spouse to
learn more about each other, to fall deeper in love, and to take a few moments
away from the everyday hustle and bustle of life to enjoy one another’s
company. Take it from me; once the honeymoon is over and life starts full
force, time becomes but a fleeting memory, one we all wish we could recapture.
Luckily, there are a few tips and tricks to saving a few pennies for the
honeymoon of a lifetime! **Money-Saving Tips:** Saving money is important,
especially in today’s economy. But going on your honeymoon and enjoying every
moment is just as important! Here are a few simple ways to help save you a few
* **Honeymoon Registry:** Many traveling agencies have a honeymoon registry. You can let your guests know, in a cordial manner, that you and your fiancé have a “honeymoon piggy bank.” This gives your guests an alternative to buying you gift cards or fifty-million bath towels…
* **Book it Baby!** Book your vacation EARLY! The early bird definitely gets the worm on this deal. My husband and I were able to save money by booking our cruise months in advance. No matter where you’re going, whether it’s on a cruise or to a B&B, hotel, or anywhere else, most times the earlier you book the less expensive the rates.
* **Airline Miles:** If you used a credit card to pay for your wedding expenses, than you can use the frequent flyer miles to get a cheaper flight. Take a look at what your credit card company offers and see what miles you have available.
* **Better Budget:** Set a budget before the planning of the wedding. The better you budget, the better chance you have to saving money.
* **Homey Vacation:** Instead of flying or taking a cruise to the Caribbean, you could always vacation close to home. Book a chic and cozy B&B that’s close to home and has lots of activities to keep you and your spouse busy. Plus, who doesn’t like cozy beds, a crackling fire, and a complimentary gourmet breakfast!
By budgeting, booking early, and/or staying close to home, you can really save
a lot of money. Remember – _enjoy every second_ _of your honeymoon_!