21 results found.
21 results found.
Honestly, we all take a look at the favors placed on the tables at our
friend’s wedding and wonder, _what in the world am I going to do with a
bookmark, antique wooden key, or jars of bubble gum?_ Yep, we’ve all been
there. Not to mention, favors can be expensive. If you’re trying to save a few
dollars, a great place to start is with your favors. Here are a few simple
tips for you to consider when shopping for favors. **Tips:** Like I said,
favors can be expensive, especially when you’re buying for 150 guests. Here
are just a few ideas for you to take a gander at!
* **Shop Online: **This is usually what people do when shopping for favors, but try avoiding the overpriced, marked up wedding websites. Usually, you can find the same or similar favors at popular online websites like eBay and Amazon.
* **Craft Day:** For all you crafty folks out there, this should tickle your crafting fingers. Have a craft date with your girlfriends and make it an enjoyable time! Here are a few DIY wedding favors you and your friends can whip together in no time:
* **Granola Mix:** Throw together 3 different types of granola mixes for a variety, and put them in cute little Mason jars. Wrap the jar with ribbon, put a label on it, and call it a day! It’s cute, delicious, and usable!
* **Hot Cocoa/S’mores Mix:** For winter weddings, this is perfect. Your guests are guaranteed to LOVE this wedding favor. Place these in little Mason jars for an added chic touch.
* **Jars of Honey/Jam:** If you want to be super nifty, try getting small jars of local honey. Or, for a cheaper route, see if you can get large contains of regular honey and put it in several mini Mason jars. Same goes for the jam.
* **Be Practical: **Like I said, favors are expensive, so make sure you put your money to good use. For example, if you don’t want to do favors per se, you can:
* **Donate:** Donate to your favorite charity in your guest’s name. This will be practical, useful, and helpful for others. There’s no money wasted, and a good cause is supported.
By forgoing the traditional favors, you’d be surprised at how much money you
can save. Jars of cocoa mix or meaningful donations are perfect solutions for
wasted favors and money.
It can be difficult deciding what favors to give your wedding guests as keepsakes of your special day. The possibilities are endless, but tasty treats are always a crowd-pleaser! How delicious do these wedding favors look? **1. Treats in Jars -** These Mason Jars filled with delectable [berries & cream](http://pinterest.com/pin/160792649166110931/) are the perfect Southern wedding […]
**Wedding inspiration Chalkboard tips** We all remember the infamous chalkboards our teachers used in our school days. Everything we’ve ever learned about prepositional phrases and quadratic equations was likely first shown to us on a blackboard. These days, anything can be converted into a chalkboard for just about any purpose! The best news? Your wedding […]
There are so many reasons to design your own wedding, and with the endless creative (and easy!) ideas out there, you don’t have to be a craft queen to be successful in the DIY wedding approach. Many brides-to-be are on the fence about adding hand-crafted, personalized touches to their big day, afraid that their best […]
When a bride begins to put the personal touches on her wedding day, she often turns to magazines and the internet. The research process can be a blessing and a curse, because the abundance of ideas can be incredibly inspiring and downright overwhelming. Most brides-to-be have stressed at some point over what to send home […]
If you’re ok with having little kids at your wedding, then you want to make sure that there are some activities to not only keep them occupied, but happy and content as well. Here are some great ideas for you to consider! Crayon Table: Ok, this is pretty fabulous and I’m sure you’d find me […]
Ok, so we’ve seen the first part of the list of to-do’s and you probably started freaking out a bit. Please, don’t stress. I planned my wedding in 7 months, and I had about 150-160 guests. If I can do that, so can you… trust me. So, here’s the rest of your to-do list, and […]
Traveling is one of the greatest past-times you could possibly invest in. If you’re a traveling fanatic and you’re in love with the world around you, then a traveling theme wedding may be in your wedding plans! Well, here are some pretty fantastic travel-themed DIY decorations that you should definitely put on your list! These […]
Let’s be honest, how many times have you taken home your favors from a wedding? Most of the time, if we’re honest, we accidentally leave them on the tables, not even giving them a second thought. As the bride, you put a little thought, time, and maybe even effort into the favors, so to find […]
Ok, so far we’ve taken a look at [indoor Celtic-themed wedding decorations](http://theplungeproject.com/irish-wedding-diy-wedding- decorations), but what about those of you who are hosting you wedding outdoors? If you’re on a budget and you’re a DIY fanatic, you can go about decorating your reception and ceremony area with a personal touch! There are so many cool and […]