We’ve all heard that a great way to keep your wedding budget manageable is to cut the open bar and instead offer simply wine, beer and a signature cocktail. But it’s often hard to determine what exactly that signature cocktail should be. After all, it needs to be unique in its own rite and also reflective of you and your beau. You want to choose something your guests simply love. In an attempt to help some of you create your signature wedding cocktail, I’ve compiled a few very delicious recipes sent in to me by bartenders, restaurants, liquor companies and more. _Enjoy…_
### The Lars Wallin Wedding Cocktail
So my favorite part about this first drink is the incorporation of “frozen
roses”…so cool and classy for a wedding! **Ingredients:**
* 1 part [Xanté](http://www.drinkxante.com/)
* 2 parts rosé wine
* .5 parts simple syrup
* .5 parts lemon juice
* 3 raspberries
* Rose petals
1. Freeze clean rose heads or petals in ice cube tray.
2. Shake all ingredients and strain into glass.
3. Garnish with frozen rose when ready to serve; the ice will melt and the flower will “bloom”.
### Rio Royale
The Rio Royale is a great bride’s signature cocktail if you and your hunny
want to each select a special drink. Sent in to me by [Tito’s Handmade
Vodka](http://titosvodka.com/), this one takes some time to make, as it has to
rest for one week prior to being served. Be sure to keep that in mind if you
choose it as your signature cocktail. **Ingredients:**
* 1 liter of Tito’s Handmade Vodka
* 1 vanilla bean, split
* 1 pint of fresh strawberries, stemmed and cut into quarters
* Sparkling white wine or champagne
1. Create Strawberry & Vanilla infused vodka by combining vodka, vanilla bean and strawberries.
2. Shake well, and allow to rest for one week.
3. To build the cocktail on your big day, pour 1.5 oz. of your chilled vodka mixture in a champagne flute.
4. Top with your favorite sparkling white wine.
5. Garnish with a split strawberry.
### Tito’s Kickin’ Mule
Now if the Rio Royale is a little too feminine for your beau or if the two of
you simply want your our signature cocktails, Tito’s Kickin’ Mule makes for a
great groom’s cocktail. This is a great drink for the men because it is not
overly sweet but is also very simple to make. **Ingredients:**
* 1.5oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
* .5oz fresh squeezed lime
* 3oz ginger beer
1. Combine all ingredients in a rocks glass filled with ice.
2. Garnish with a lime wedge.
### No Thyme Like The Present
[Shabu](http://www.shabuparkcity.com) of Park City, Utah created this
cocktail, which won the title of Park City’s Signature Spring Cocktail for
2011. The name of the drink makes it perfect to serve at a wedding, _don’t you
think?_ Plus, it has an exceptional and refreshing taste! **Ingredients:**
* 1 sprig thyme
* .25oz fresh lime juice
* .25oz cucumber simple syrup
* 1.5oz Hendricks Gin
* Approx. 3.5oz white grape juice
1. Muddle the thyme.
2. Add lime juice, syrup and gin to shaker.
3. Shake and strain into a collins glass filled with ice.
4. Fill glass to the top with while grape juice, stir and garnish.
### Hibiscus Champagne Tonic
Alright, you know this one’s special because it was initially created by
celebrity chef [Nisa Lee](http://nisalee.com/) for a party thrown by Halle
* 1tsp. rose water
* 1tsp. fresh lime juice
* 4tsp. wild hibiscus-flower syrup
* Sparkling rosé wine
* Hibiscus flower for garnish
1. Place a wild hibiscus flower and rose water in the bottom of a champagne flute.
2. Add lime juice and hibiscus syrup.
3. Top with rosé wine.
### Blushing Bride
The problem with getting a little tipsy on your wedding night is that you often have to wake up early in the morning and head off to your honeymoon…hung over…but not with this cocktail! Crafted by Alex Ott, this cocktail is infused with [Mercy](http://www.drinkmercy.com/), a new beverage that helps alleviate the negative effects of drinking alcohol, making sure the morning after is filled with happy memories…and not a hangover.
* 2 parts New Amsterdam Gin
* 4 parts cranberry juice, hibiscus tea or cherry juice
* 2 pinches ground ginger
* Splash of lemon juice
* 3 parts Mercy
1. Combine all ingredients, except Mercy, in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake vigorously, and strain over an ice-filled pilsner or frappe glass until 2/3 full.
3. Float with Mercy and garnish with a cherry.
### The Royal-tini
Alright, I know I said I wasn’t getting caught up in all the royal wedding hype, but I felt it appropriate to include this sapphire-inspired concoction created by a mixologist at the [Ritz Carlton Amelia Island](http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/AmeliaIsland/Default.htm).
* 1.5oz Bombay Sapphire
* .75oz Blue Curaçao
* .5oz lime juice
* .5oz simple syrup
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake and pour into a martini glass.
3. Garnish with a lime pinwheel.
### Pop Rock-tini
If you’re having a more fun, laid-back affair, this one is definitely for you!
Sent in by [tenOak Bourbon House + Lounge](http://tenoakaustin.com) in Austin,
this is one I’ll definitely be testing out soon. It would also be perfect for
a bridal shower or bachelorette party! **Ingredients:**
* 2oz Chambord vodka
* 1oz peach schnapps
* 1oz cranberry juice
* 1oz pineapple juice
* 1oz of Prima Perla Prosecco
1. Shake above ingredients in a shaker.
2. Lightly coat the rim of a martini glass with agave nectar, then sprinkle pop rocks on the rim.
3. Fill with items in your shaker.
### Raspberry White Truffle Martini
Ya know how some drinks sell you simply on the name? This was one of those
drinks for me, sent in by [BRIO Tuscan
Grille](http://www.brioitalian.com/index.html). ** Ingredients:**
* 1oz whipped cream
* 2oz Sobieski Raspberry
* 4 raspberries
* Half of a fresh-squeezed Lime
* .5oz simple syrup
1. In a martini shaker, add ice and all ingredients.
2. Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
3. Garnish with 2 raspberries.
**If you want to see more drink recipes, check out my post from last week on [summer cocktails](http://theplungeproject.com/9-summer-cocktails). Happy mixing!** _[Disclosure: While I was not paid for the above post, Xanté, Tito’s and Mercy did provide free samples.]_